Monday, April 15, 2013

A New Series of Illustrations in my Drawing Life

This is the start of a new series of drawings I've been working on...
I'm a big fan of the Curious George books by H.A. and Margret Rey as well as the Madeline book series by  Ludwig Bemelmans. I wanted to do some simple illustrations like those and this is what I came up with. Some of my first drawings in this style were done a while ago back in Washington and I hadn't been able to get back into it until now and this is the start of the new series. Having a baby boy it was easy to just imagine some of the things I can see him doing in a few years. It's also fun because this series is more boy oriented while my other one was more geared towards girls with my Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, "Start Reading", and so on... while boys may enjoy those books they're more girly in their look as far as my illustrations go. I may go back and add to that series (I had a huge list of books I wanted to do "Anne of Green Gables", "Little Women", and even "Tom Sawyer" were all included) but don't count on it.
I'm still adding more and more animals to my alphabet animals series (that one will never end I feel...) and I work on my "Into the Woods" series too a little bit. I have so many projects I want to work on with so little time now with the baby. Including a book Dave and I are working on for him!!