Wednesday, April 17, 2013

To Remember

I LOVED this that one of my old Young Women Presidents wrote in regards to the Boston bombs after having been there as a participant in the Boston Marathon when it happened.


"Yesterday we were touched, over and over again, by the goodness and kindness of others. The people in charge of the medical tent at the race were heroically calm and immediately did their best to meet the needs of the injured. All over the city, outside the city later in the day, and at the airport this morning, a marathon runner's jacket brought questioning looks. The silent questions about whether we were there, what we saw, if we knew anyone who was hurt - were all in the eyes of those who saw us. There was also concern and fear. I felt the greatest desire to pass along the positive things we had seen and I felt some sense of responsibility to reassure. The people of Boston took care of the large group of runner "refugees" and their families. Lots of people were helping with directions. Others were offering hotel rooms, etc. I fell in love with that city in the few days we spent there before the race and my heart aches for the pain and loss of so many.

I was asked today about whether or not I will return to Boston to run. I will. Evil doesn't win as long as so much good is present - and Boston is filled with good.


Her thoughts go so nicely with this quote from Mr. Rogers:

I wanted to save these to be able to share with Cohen one day (as well as my other future children); to look for the light in the darkness. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works"