Sunday, May 8, 2011

While Dave Was Here

It was so nice to be able to see Dave for a few days. Here's a summary of the events that occured while he was here:
My dad and I went to the Seattle Airport and picked him up on Wednesday and on the way back home we stopped at a packaging store for my mom, got some Jack n' the Box for lunch, and my dad ran into Whole Foods. My dad took Kiernan, Jessy, Dave, and me to the outdoor shooting range were we got to shoot a few different kinds of guns which was lots of fun. We ate dinner, watched most of the Lakers game with my dad and then went to bed kind of early.
Thursday morning I got up before Dave and babysat for about a half hour then I crawled back into bed with Dave and slept for another 30 mins. We woke up and then headed to the Seattle Temple (which is where we got married) with my dad. I had accidentally left my temple recommend back in AZ and my dad's had expired the week before, but I had called my bishop who had talked to one of the temple workers and the same temple worker worked it out for my dad to come into the temple too. My mom met us up in the temple and it was great. After the temple we went and got donuts with my mom (my dad was staying to do another session or two). After that we picked up Kiernan from school and dropped him and his friend off at home and then Dave and I ran a bunch of errands such as getting him a few new clothes for work and picking out my mom's mother's day present.
My mom got me hooked on this tv series so we got her the first season.
I can't wait for season two to come out
We then ate dinner and we watched "Enemy at the Gates" and went to bed.
For Friday the kids had no school (teacher work day) so we took Jessy to J J Mahoney's, this little Irish pub kinda by my house for lunch.
Jessy needed to pick up a birthday present for a friend and we stopped at Payless Shoes too and got Dave some more casual shoes. Dave and I also got to watch "The Bucket List" for the first time and it was very funny. That night we went out to Coho (they have such yummy food!) with Frank and Molly Novak and we went to see the movie "Thor" after. 
I really liked this movie,
it didn't hurt you got to see Thor's well sculpted body either
On the drive home we got attacked by a deer, but Frank was able to avoid a collision which I greatly appreciated. We ate desserts and watched "Dual Survival" with Kiernan and then went to bed.
Saturday consisted of Dave waking up early in the morning and went to play basketball with my dad at the stake center. After that we went to Coldstone Creamery with Kiernan and had a fun time hanging out with just him. We also went to Dairy Queen for lunch too. I had Dave watch "Series of Unfortunate Events" since he had never seen it before so that was fun.

 That night we played Scategories with my mom and Jessy and then went to bed early so we could wake up to leave at 5:30 AM to take Dave back to the airport.
I loved being able to see Dave and spend time with him while he's busy with work.