Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The True Beauty of My Neverland

Neverland
How good it feels to be back, the beauty of shedding all my sorrow, and being able to kiss my stag again, he always seems to know when I'm coming, he shows up just as I step into my world, my neverland, he's so serene and calm, how can I but feel joy when I'm with him, he's my true comfort and peace, his eyes see through all the scars and masks, he sees my soul and still loves me just the same, today he promises to take me to a new part that I've never been to before, now don't be silly animals can't talk, but this is the same still in realland, we talk to our pets and feel like they understand us, well it's just the same here, but I know he does, it's in his eyes, they only show truth and love, so I believe all that he says, we walked through my forest of beautiful trees with their purple, green, and blue leaves, then we went to the beach just behind the forest and it was there that I first saw it, a small cave hidden by boulders, he passed in front of me, he approached the cave as I stood watching, then he turned to face me, as if calling me to join him, I walked slowly and felt the sand between my toes, I reached my stag and placed my hand upon his back, he lead me through the cave, we walked for a long time, but a soft melody was calling my name as I walked, I closed my eyes and allowed the music and my stag to be my eyes and guide me as I walked, we walked for a while and then I noticed I began to feel a little cold in the cave, I pulled my body closer in towards my stag, but still allowed him to be my eyes as we walked on, finally we stopped and it was quiet cold, I opened my eyes and saw the most beautiful scene in the world, he had taken me into a cave that had ice and beautiful diamonds and gems in it and they reflected the most beautiful rainbows, my breath froze in the air as I watched the rainbows dance, it truly was a wonderful place, the real beauty of my neverland, I wiped a tear from my cheek and hugged my stag as I thanked him, we stayed a while longer so I could take it all in and try to never forget it, we left and my stag lead me back to the wooden gate door, I whispered goodbye as I stepped back here…

--gabrielle jean murphy September 16, 2008

Ps...

Check out my drawings on shoes and such at http://www.zazzle.com/foreverbeginstoday