Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Things They Say

So I've been watching these kids while their parents are on a cruise and they've said some very funny things but my favorite was this:
So I'm driving the oldest Amanda to her violin lessons and its night time. I see a deer in the middle of the street; I stop and wait for her to choose which side of the road she will be going on. After choosing the right side I say "By deer, be safe." Amanda laughs and then I add "I feel like I was saying bye to my husband... but I don't have one."
Then Amanda says, "Yeah, why aren't you married yet?" Keep in mind she is 13 not 5.
I then turn to face her a little more and reply "Well it helps that I haven't actually gone to college yet," I jokingly add "but don't worry it's a BYU school. Expect an announcement in about 5 months."
She then replies with "I guess that makes sense."
We then go back to listening to the music/driving scene when she adds, "I have an uncle who isn't married yet too. But he's 35. He's a dermatologist."