Friday, December 12, 2008

Music Fills The Soul

Well as many of you know I LOVE music (if you didn't before I'm very sorry that you don't know me very well). I love singing, playing the piano, listening to music... it's my life basically. I can only go so long without listening to something, even if it's just in the background.
Since it is Christmas Time I figure I should start with my favorite Christmas CDs. I grew up listening to Amy Grant, Nat King Cole, and Johnny Mathis each year and if you watch our home videos those are the Christmas CDs playing in the background. So obviously I LOVE those CDs, but I've come to enjoy many other CDs including:
Celtic Woman - A Christmas Celebration
Dean Martin - Christmas With Dino
The Rat Pack - Christmas With The Rat Pack
Faith Hill - Joy To The World
Christina Aguilera - My Kind Of Christmas
Charter's Chord - O Come O Come Emmanuel
Knudsen Brothers - Yuletide
Aly & Aj - Acoustic Hearts of Winter
...These are just some of the Christmas Cds that are a must have.

Now for music that I LOVE and listen to all the time:
Richard Marx is my all time favorite
Kenny Loggins
Bryan Adams
Celtic Woman
The Andrew Sisters
Hayley Westenra
Delta Goodrem
Brian McFadden
Kelly Sweet
A Fine Frenzy
Lenka
Mates of State
Miles Davis
Celine Dion
The High Kings
Johnny Cash
Heart
ABBA
Ella Fitzgerald
Dean Martin
Frank Sinatra
Beach Boys
Journey
Paramore
Enya
John Barry
Aly & Aj
Steve Perry
The Corrs
Joe Cocker
McFly
Natalie MacMaster
Bing Crosby
Peter Gabriel
Elvis Costello
Diana Krall
Harry Conic Jr.
Creed
Yellowcard
But of course if I'm giving you this long incomplete list of my favorite singers I might as well give you a complete favorite. My all time favorite song ever is "Children of the Night" by Richard Marx, my favorite score piece is the Dragonheart theme, and my favorite classical piece is "Cannon in D" by Johann Pachabel, my favorite song to sing is “Something’s Gotta Give” performed by Ella Fitzgerald, the coolest song written is “Last Train Home” by Pat Metheny, and my favorite song to play on the piano is “Plato’s Requiem” written by me .