Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine Party

So I thought it'd be fun to have a little Valentine's Day party this year since everyone needs something fun to do in the middle of winter (even in California). We had the party the day before Valentine's Day since actual V-Day was on a Friday of a long weekend. I made the cake up the night before as well as a couple of the decorations and woke up earlier than my usual 7:40 am when Dave is heading out the door to make up the valentines for the kids. After that I got started on finishing up cleaning and cooking for the party. Cohen loved helping me with sweeping after I swept the kitchen once to make sure it really got cleaned.
Almost everyone made it to the party which was awesome with everyone who was invited to the Mommy and Me Valentine's Party having a baby.
We hung out, ate the food and treats, and even did a little activity. Over all I'd say it was a success with all the little ones ready to go home for nap time at the end.








The activity! Love that poem by E.E. Cummings and it's so fitting for Valentine's Day so I pulled a section out and shaped it into a heart on Photoshop, got out the paint and we were all set!