Friday, October 14, 2011

American Girl Doll

When I was little I had an American Girl Doll. Her name was Samantha, and I loved her! I was a little jealous of my best friend Camille who had a Just Like Me doll (that was made to look just like her... which pretty much consisted of coloring choices) but I loved that my doll had a story. She told me about a time that I didn't know in the US as a kid and I read all her books which made her more real and a great doll.

The funny thing is to this day I want to live in Samantha's romantic New York 1904 world, I know her world was not the same as most people living at that time (it was closer to Nellie's) but I still can wish can't I. I remember though towards the end of my American Girl Doll playing months they came out with Kit and I wanted her too, but I never did get her (since they are pretty pricey dolls), but the tragedy was I cut my Samantha doll's hair so it would be more like Kit's (I had this thing for cutting my dolls hair at that time) luckily though it didn't turn out too bad. When it was Jessy's time though to have my Samantha doll she didn't love her like I had and had even had her donated, I would have welcomed her back into my heart if I knew that was the case, especially since they have discontinued making my Samantha doll (along with her friend Nellie).
I hope that one day when I have a little girl (or two) that I can buy them each their own American Girl Doll and they can love them as much as I did.
Her wonderful family and friends, who I still remember

Kit


If I had a Just Like Me Doll now this is what she'd look like
(When I was little though she would've looked a lot like Kit, maybe that's why I wanted her)

And my doll would need this little guy for company
it's my dream dog too... destiny