Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cohen's 3rd Birthday Party

We had Cohen's birthday party on Dave's actual birthday this year. It was super last minute with text invites the Saturday before and them getting the actual invites a few days later. We wanted to be able to do it when my family could be there and my dad and Tommy were coming out here anyways on their way to BYUI so it worked out perfectly.
The week leading up to the party we bought "capes" (dish towels) and I made their superhero masks. I originally wanted to use my sewing machine to sew them but it just wasn't working so I had to hand sew them (luckily my mom helped out and did one too).





The night before the party my mom and Jessy got into town around 8 and my mom and I sewed, chatted, and tried to figure out what to do for Cohen's birthday cake since it was too late to bake the banana cake (the only cake I've ever gotten him to eat and like) since he isn't supervisor desserts. Luckily I remembered he likes donuts so we had a plan. Tommy and my dad got here late that night.
The next morning I decorated, my dad bought a box and made a telephone booth out of it, my mom bought a ton of sprinkle donuts, and Dave took care of both the kids.



It was party time! The kids slowly trickled in. They played in Cohen's room and read superhero books while we waited for lunch to be ready and for the last friend to get here.




















They had a banana, pigs in a blanket, and Apple juice. After that each kid got to go in the telephone booth and come out as a superhero. They ran around in their super gear for a little bit and then it was cake time!! I had made a donut "cake" and stuck the candle on top and Cohen blew out the flame. The kids devoured their donut and did some more running before presents and parents came to get the kids.





















































































It was super low key, filled with superhero goodies and fun and Cohen is still talking about it. All in all I call it a success and I can't believe my little guy will actually be three in three days!!!!