Friday, December 12, 2014

A Baby Story Part 1

November 7th. I was 2 days past my due date and taking Cohen to a store just to get in some walking time once again. We went to Target (which Cohen actually likes since he gets an "applesauce" almost every time we go that he can eat in the cart while I look at things) and wandered the store for about an hour. Then I pushed him in the Target cart to Pet Smart (it's a few stores down) and we looked at the animals there. Cohen LOVES looking at all the animals and it's about the closest thing we have to a zoo here. We stopped by Five Guys to pick up lunch for Dave and me where a lady working there waited around us the whole time so she could help me take everything to the car. So nice. After that we headed home and I was dissapointed that I wasn't really feeling any super strong and close together contractions once again. When we got home we put on Curious George, ate lunch, and then it was Cohen's nap time.
Day of picture
 

 
After Cohen's nap all three of us went back to Target again to pick up a few more things that we needed and once again we stopped in at Pet Smart. This time we actually went in to look at the dogs and cats though since Dave was with us and could chase after Cohen better than I could at that point.
We grabbed Panda Express for dinner and headed home.
 
After dinner, playing Legos, putting Cohen in bed, and saying to Dave that the baby probably wouldn't come today (he would ask almost everyday for the last couple of weeks) since I didn't have consistent contractions- I started reworking on a commission piece in the office while Dave was watching a tv show in our bedroom. Then at 8:45 my water broke.
It was great knowing that we had done a lot of Cohen's favorite things that day since it was his last day as our only baby.