Monday, July 14, 2014

Project for Cohen

I saw all these cute little characters a couple of times on pinterest/etsy/other sites and finally decided I wanted that to be a project I could do for Cohen. So I bought my first bag of eight guys at Hobby Lobby along with paint and started working on them. I had only bought red, blue, and black paint at first planning on going back for a couple more colors later on. Because of this I knew I wanted to do superheroes that used mostly those colors and chose 4 DC and 4 Marvel characters and got started. Luckily those colors are your basic superhero colors so it was easy to get in the major ones, including Spider-Man, who is Cohen's favorite (Cohen calls him "funnel", how he came up with this one we do not know). I went back to the store and got yellow, white, green and purple. Knowing I'd use two of them for sure with this project and hoping to use the other two if it turned out to be a success.
 


When I finished up my first batch Cohen instantly recognized a few of them and loved to play with his "guys" so I went back to Hobby Lobby and picked up another bag and decided to cross of another 8 superheroes from my list of ones to do.
  









I worked on the second batch of supers faster than the first since I had more of an idea what I was doing this time:






all finished
  

Playing with his first and second batch of supers:



He now has:
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Black Canary from DC
Marvel supers are Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, The Phoenix (Jean Grey), Colussus, Thor, and Hulk.