Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm still busy trying to play catch up on here and I'm forgetting things more and more. Hopefully I can finish up with it pretty soon so I can actually start remembering things I'm posting about.
Anyways, we had my mom and sister come visit us for Memorial Day Weekend. We had a lot of fun with them even though they were here for a super short visit and all of us Zauggs were sick.
They got in on Friday evening. That night my mom stayed up with me to help make sure I was awake and on time to pick up Dave from the airport at like 1 in the morning. The time flew by and she stayed on Cohen alert while I was out (thank goodness our airport is closer than it was in Roseville, even if it's not as close as when we lived in Tempe). Dave and I were both exhausted and crashed as soon as we got home.
waiting for Mama and Jessy to get here
The next day Dave slept in and took a couple of naps since he was now the sickest of all of us and Cohen and I were almost all better. During Cohen and one of Dave's naps we went to the mall and did some shopping. We were able to get a really good deal on a mattress pad for the new bed in Cohen's big boy room. Cohen LOVED going outside with his Aunt Jessy whenever she wasn't busy working on homework (so responsible). Then for dinner we went to the just discovered the night before Costa Vida that's actually really close to where we live. Originally we were going to go to Spokane Valley and my mom was going to pick up some Cafe Rio (not nearly as good as Costa Vida) and we were going to eat in the mall food court since we wanted to get Ivar's, but with the discovery of Costa Vida my mom and I HAD to go and get it. After dinner we went back to the mall and picked up some new shoes for Cohen. After that we ran to Target, bought a BBQ (our first nice one), and then to Lowes to get gas for it. When we got home it was wind down time for Cohen and then bed. After that my mom and I went to fill up the propane tank but learned that the gas station won't do it after a certain time since they only have one employee on site. Thankfully my dad was awake (it was in the am in India where he was) and was able to help us figure out other options to fill it up. We went back to Lowes and were able to get a refill on our tank. After that we dropped it off and then went to Safewway to pick up a few things for dinner the next day. During all our adventuring Dave was busy building the BBQ in the backyard and Jessy was working on her hw.
my mom had bought and brought this little table just for Cohen, he LOVES it
Sunday we all slept in since Cohen had a rough night and we were still on the mend so we missed church. My mom and I watched an Audrey Hepburn movie during nap time/hw time. Jessy played with Cohen outside some more. My mom and I took Cohen for a walk around the neighborhood. Cohen and my mom read some books together. We ate our first meal with our new BBQ, it was fantastic. Then we played a couple rounds of Hand and Foot that night. After that Dave went to bed and us three girls attempted to watch Thor 2. Only Jessy lasted to the end since my mom and I both decided we were too tired to watch too.



Monday morning was a little crazy. My mom and I dropped off our car so it could get repaired. Then we ran into Safeway and picked up a few more groceries so we could get through a week without a car. We got home, Cohen read a few more books with my mom and Jessy, and then they were off.
It was so fun to see them even if it was for such a short trip.