Friday, June 27, 2014

Car Accident

Exactly one week after we moved to Spokane we got in a car accident. It was Cinco de Mayo and we all hoped into the Jeep and made it to the end of the block we live on. From a quick check I thought we were in the clear to proceed ahead, then I hear Dave yelling "BRAKES, hit the brakes!!", then blamo. I'm so glad Dave was there to deal with everything because I was an emotional wreck. Especially after the lady who lived on the corner of the intersection came to ask me if Cohen and I were ok. So glad we have a good sturdy car that totally "won" in comparison to the little car I pegged. 
That car accident made me so grateful that we had really been on top of changing our insurance right after we moved. I was also glad to have my husband there. And that if we needed to we were super close to home and could've easily walked back if we needed to. Along with it being at neighborhood speeds.






We took in our car about 2 weeks after the accident to get fixed and it took a week and a day to get finished. Sadly it wasn't done early enough in the day so I could go during Cohen's nap and I had to bring him with me to get it since Dave was super busy with work. Bringing him meant I had to also bring his car seat along with pushing his big stroller. He has been loving his "strolly" a lot more these days but the walk there was a little longer than his normal "I'll sit in my stroller and not try to get out" so I had to push that stroller as fast as I could. And of course I had to go against the wind, which while pushing all those things was a workout for sure! But we made it and Cohen was able to get out and color while I signed the paperwork and we waited for our car to get pulled up to the front. I was just glad that we made it in time and I didn't have to push the stroller back home but could stick it in the car.