Sunday, June 9, 2013

While Daddy Was Gone in Canada

So this last week Dave was in Canada for his grandma's funeral. Originally we had planned on the three of us going. We got our tickets and the flight was the next day. So that Thursday was crazy with planning, doing laundry, and packing.
 
Upon arrival we found out that Cohen needed a passport to fly to Canada (you don't need one to drive there though??!!) and poor Aubrey (and her 3 week baby!) had to come back and pick us up while Dave headed to the plane. That day was crazy with trying to figure out another way for me and Cohen to get there, but we realized it was just not going to happen. So we went grocery shopping. I bought my first ever potted plant (wish me luck)! And Cohen got to try out his baby pool.
giving me a kiss




Saturday, Cohen and I went to Walmart. Where I got him a couple of outfits and bought some fabric. Cohen and I saw a cute little old man pushing around his cocker spaniel in his grocery cart in the store, Cohen couldn't take his eyes off the dog. We then came back home. While Cohen napped I made a berry pie with the berries I had bought the day before and as a fun treat to have after the day before. After nap time and the battle to get Cohen to start eating finger foods (he's so hard to feed the baby food now and he thinks all finger foods that aren't snacks are a little sketchy at first) we went to the other Walmart to return a pair of shorts I had bought at the first own. We went for a walk that afternoon to get out of the house. Then after the walk Cohen had a bath and then we got a text from Aubrey and Gavin who were sweet and invited us to join them in getting Chinese food. The food was tasty, even if I only got a couple bites because it was getting way to close to bed time. After finally putting him down for the night I finished up my food (so glad I didn't have to make something because that would've taken FOREVER).


 
I tried to get a picture of the dog after we passed it

on our walk
His fishy face

 Sunday, Cohen and I went to sacrament meeting where he played in the lobby and got mad when I'd stop him from going into the chapel during sacrament meeting. We came home and both took a two hour nap... much needed for both parties. I also tried to take some pictures of Cohen that morning too... and he had fun playing with Tigger.



Monday, we went to the park by the library with Aubrey for a walk. Then Aubrey was kind enough to watch Cohen while I vaccumed really quick since Cohen is now terrified of it (last time he started to shake and then bawled until I had Dave take him... it was so sad). We then went to the pool  for a short little bit where Cohen loved "jumping" to me from the edge of the pool. This little boy just loves to be in water so much, way too cute!

first time in a swing... he loved it

 
 
 

  

 


one for baby and one for mommy

Tuesday we went to Target where we got some bubbles which Cohen loved. Tuesday was probably the hardest day without Dave since Cohen slept really bad the night before and it was the middle of Dave being gone. Last minute that night we went to the Relief Society CPR thing. It was a good refresher and Cohen had fun crawling around somewhere outside of our apartment. Luckily he slept a little better that night.








smoothie to share

one for baby and one for mommy


Wednesday, we went out to lunch with Aubrey and her little Ellie to Costa Vida (I think I'm finally sick of it... for now). We went out for a quick walk later that afternoon to hold Cohen off for a little longer before putting him down for the night.




 
 









 

 
Thursday, we went to Michael's and I picked up a "C" and "Z" for two separate projects and then we went over to the new location for Bed, Bath, and Beyond (they just moved to the other shopping center across the street). I was surprised to see that their little bath section had hair products to vitamins to make up to toiletries as well. Now we just need someone to sell fresh produce, dairy products, and meat right up there and we'll be set (at a good price, we do have Wholefoods close but they're pricey). We then met up with Dawn who also lives in our apartment complex and her baby Jax and her two step-boys at the pool. Cohen still loved jumping to me in the pool and I even put him under the water for a second which he didn't love but he didn't super freak out either. I quickly spray painted my two letters that afternoon and worked on Cohen's bedskirt (finally!! this boy is 8 months old and I'm still not done with his room) but had to stop that one last night after my needle on my sewing machine hit a pin and bent.

walk?

going to Michael's





 
  
crafting
checking up on me
  
Friday we met up with Aubrey and Ellie for more pool time. I got to finish up the bedskirt after Aubrey fixed and showed me how to put in a new needle (hooray for friends!) And my plant came back to life! Oh, after I finally moved it outside (I think that was Wednesday afternoon) it was starting to die, but I realized it needed more water when it's outside since it's hotter out there than inside and it came back to the living!
This little boy was moving all over the place in his sleep







Got to style his hair because of the sunscreen


In the pack n play while I finish the bedskirt super quick
 



practicing walking






He's figured out how to climb on top of things to climb onto other things
Saturday, our last day without Dave (thank goodness). We went to the mall to get out of the house but still have some a/c because it was HOT that day. I know it got up to 107 degrees but it could've gotten hotter who knows for sure. I also filled up Cohen's pool for him again and once again he loved it and he was so kind to help water my plant with his splashing. I know the flowers loved it just as much as he did! Other than that we just hung out at the house and kept cool.
 





he loves it in the disney store even if he doesn't look like it in this picture








Other things that got done through out the week include reading Brisingr (I've been working on this book since September! I got through the first books way fast, thinking each time I wouldn't get to finish it because "the baby can come any day now" and then I got about 100 pages into the last one and guess who showed up... so worth it though). Made my website for my photography business. Cohen's room is finally finished. And crocheted a little.