Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

So pretty much it was Father's Day weekend here in our home! Since Dave came back last Saturday we lucked out and got to have him home pretty much all this last week... the unlucky part of that was Dave and I were both sick and that's why he was home. It was nice to get the bonus make up family time in but not fun to have it be because we were both not feeling good.
**If anyone is wondering, it is the hardest time to be a mommy of a baby when you are sick... especially a baby who two nights in a row decided he wanted to wake up every hour and I had to nurse him every time for him to go back to sleep... oh life. **
But on Friday Dave and I were both feeling a lot better and he was able to go in to work. He came home early (not because I was exhausted, sick and crying like another day that week) and he was too excited about his gifts that I couldn't wait any longer to give them to him. This man is like a kid at Christmas come birthday and Father's Day now too... you should see him at Christmas! He opened his gifts, one of which was a harmonica, which was something he'd mentioned a few times he'd like to learn how to play. I had asked my dad for his expert opinion on the instrument and went to the Guitar Center to pick one up. I was a little extra excited about this gift because not only was it going to totally surprise Dave but my dad would play the harmonica for me all the time as a baby and I LOVED it so I was excited for Dave to share that experience with Cohen... well that loving experience turned out much different than I had anticipated.
Dave blew into it and Cohen got the saddest look on his face and began to bawl. We figured it was probably just because Cohen was tired and so we thought we'd try it again after his nap (which happened right after the presents). Cohen woke up his happy/chipper little self that he normally does from his naps. We were ready to try it again and we sure he'd love it this time. Boy were we wrong! This boy does not like the harmonica. He cries EVERY time Dave plays it! The higher notes get the biggest tears but no matter what he is not a fan.


They got matching TMNT shirts







Happy Baby

Stop playing it dad!

Saturday we went to the pool as a family and were shocked that the pool was chilly. So my poor baby who loves the pool was not the happiest baby in the chilly pool if we tried to get his little tummy in it. But he was fine with his legs and shorts in which was great. I also got to go use my massage that I got for mother's day which was fantastic!



On Sunday I made breakfast and dinner. I grilled! It was my first time using the BBQ. So excited to get to learn to use it more. Over all Dave was spoiled all weekend long and I know he loved it and is bummed to have to go back to work tomorrow.