Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cohen's Room

Cohen's room is the only room in our apartment (in any of our apartments) that I've actually gone through and tried to decorate/arrange/make pretty beyond just serving function. Dave and I have both put hours into this room and I love how innocent, light, and baby friendly it is. 
The first thing I did for Cohen in this room was paint the pictures for him of "Peter Pan" and his animal's playing one as well as his name piece right above his crib all while pregnant. I also designed a "You are kind, smart, important and we love you" picture for him on my computer. Then when my brother, Tommy, came out to visit we painted the bookcases in his room white on the outside and a turquoise on the inside.
After having Cohen I sewed a pillowcase for the pillow on his rocking chair. I put together an "instagram" collage. Then I sewed a bumper for his crib which was a big sewing project for me (especially since my previous sewing was mainly bow ties for the little monster).
Dave and his dad sanded and refinished a dresser that Dave had gotten from a co-worker. This was the most amazing transformation to watch happen. I wish I had gotten a picture of it before because it was so ugly but it's beautiful now.
Last but not least I made up a crib skirt for the crib... this one I cheated on and only did the front side and the left (if looking at the crib) side only and just attached ribbons at the top to hold it onto the crib. But it achieved what I wanted it to and that was to hide the storage bins of Cohen's clothes he's out grown as well as a few old toys of his.
I also hung my "Alice in Wonderland" painting up in his room which I had painted in Arizona and an "Alphabet Animal A-Z" set that I made in Washington before I was pregnant.
His room isn't themed beyond the color scheme of blue to green with his green piggy bang, bedskirt, bumbo, trashcan, pillowcase, humidifier, etc. Turquoise bookcases and bucket that holds extra crib sheets and changing pad covers. And blue with his bumper, bins, fan, and by chance his rocking chair.
But now I'm more excited for when I get to do his two year old big boy super hero room! We already have a few things (Dave wants them put up already).








  

one day I want to recover this beauty and maybe refinish it but I'll wait for the next babe on that