Monday, May 13, 2013

13 May 2013

So my mom came to visit us last week from Saturday to Saturday. It was a lot of fun to have her here. Dave picked her up Saturday night so I could put Cohen to bed. We chatted for a little bit and then we all went to bed. The next day we did our usual of going to sacrament meeting and then leaving so Cohen could have his nap that he refuses to take at church... way too many distractions even for eating too sadly. Dave did bbq that night for dinner which was great.
Then on Monday I dropped off Dave at the airport who was going to Minnesota this time and lucked out with my mom staying with Cohen (at 4 am). Sadly Cohen had woken up about an hour before I had to go to the airport and so I was up for a solid 3 hours since 3:30 until I put Cohen back to sleep (he had woken up just before I got back home) at 6:30. It was a long morning. That day we headed to the mall and did some shopping then had to go home so Cohen could take a nap. He fell asleep in the car before we even officially left the mall parking lot... he was one tired baby. After his nap we ran to the grocery store, picked up a few things and rented "Parental Guidance" from Redbox. It was a cute and funny movie.
Tuesday consisted of more shopping at the mall followed by another nap that started almost as soon as he went in his car seat. We then went to Costa Vida for lunch since we both love it and we don't get it that often. We then rented "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" which we got maybe a half hour into and then stopped it... I was not expecting it to be 100% high school... I was hopping for something a little bit better since it had two people I liked in it as the main characters but it was too much like real high school and I'm happy that part of my life is done with so why watch a movie that makes me feel like I was there again.
Wednesday was more shopping, not at the mall this time but Khol's and Target instead. My mom got In N' Out for lunch (I've realized it's not my favorite... I miss Five Guys and Fatburger). My mom taught me how to play Dutch Blitz that day which was a pretty fun card game. We got Panda Express that night for dinner and rented another movie from Redbox.
On Thursday we drove out to Elk Grove and met up with Grandma Griffin for brunch at Applebees. Cohen took super short naps both directions, made a really big mess with his puffs on the floor (poor workers who needed to clean them up), and was a pro when it came to picture time. That night we got Costa Vida again for dinner (we couldn't resist) and started "27 Dresses". Then we all went to pick up Dave from the airport.
Friday morning we walked up the hill and went to Mimmi's for breakfast, luckily we started up the hill before it started to get hot out. We hung out at the apartment that day since Dave had the car. Dave came home early at 3:30. Cohen was SO EXCITED to see Dave. He got the biggest smile ever as soon as Dave walked in the door which was so sweet. Dave came over to Cohen picked him up and then set him down so he could finish some work things really quick but Cohen instantly started crying so they opened up the box that had come for Cohen while Dave was gone from Grandpa Zaugg (Dave's Dad) and it had two Tonka trucks in it. Dave set Cohen down on the ground to play with the box and trucks which he looked at them and then instantly started crawling over to Dave. He just didn't want to be separated from him which was a first and it was so cute. and we got to go on a date to see "Iron Man 3" while my mom watched Cohen. It was our first date without Cohen since having him and it was a little strange but it was great being able to do something just the two of us. Then we brought home some Wendy's for dinner for all of us.
Then Saturday morning came (luckily my mom had a normal morning flight time unlike Dave who's travel arranger in the company likes to have him leave at 6 am which means we need to be up at 4). It was sad that she had to leave but I loved having her here with Cohen and I while Dave was gone. She was so sweet too and bought me a bunch of new clothes this time too. Moms are the best. She lucked out though and missed the heat that came back right after I dropped her off at the airport (it rained and was cool all week she was here pretty much) and it's hit the 90's so far every day since.






finally put the pictures in the one frame making a Cohen Collage


 




This is the cat I call Garfield when I see him. He's a fat orange cat who's extremely lazy too 





didn't want to be apart from his daddy


apparently Cohen really missed him... cutest baby ever