Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012

2012 was an exciting year. It started out with a big and wonderful surprise when we found out that I was pregnant and were going to be seeing our sweet baby in September. College friends Kristen and Alise visited. My friend Emily got married and I was one of her bridesmaids.
The first trimester of pregnancy flew by (partly from finding out pretty late in it) and we found out we'd be moving down to California. We packed everything up and said goodbye to my family and our apartment that we only lived in for six months in Washington and made the 13 hour drive down to California pulling our car with the bunny in it behind the moving van.

After moving in with the help of our friends the Fernandez's, Juan and Sara, (who were pregnant too) we helped them move apartments in the Bay Area the next weekend and visited San Francisco.

We found out our baby was a boy!!
Dave went up to Canada for his sister, Katherine's wedding. I couldn't go because my passport came the day after our flight. Luckily I got to visit Maria for a few days and then Tommy came down to stay with me. I also started putting together Cohen's room around this time.

We bought a car (my first time ever doing that) and decided to test it out by going to visit Juan and Sara where we went to the beach. We also got to visit with my dad that week too.

My mom and Jessy came for a visit so they could see me pregnant since we weren't able to go up for Tommy's farewell speech (I was too pregnant to fly) and we couldn't make it out to the ranch either.
We went to Maya Fernandez's baby blessing and counted down the days until we would meet our sweet little boy.

September... waiting... waiting... waiting.... FINALLY, our sweet baby boy Cohen joins us on September 19, 2012. My mom comes out for a week to help out. Then a few weeks later Rodney and Katherine come followed by my family, Maria, and the Fernandez's for Cohen's baby blessing.

Cohen is Linus for Halloween. Then there's Thanksgiving which was wonderful. Followed quickly by Christmas where Cohen and I got to enjoy having Dave home with us for a little over a week.
2012 was an exciting year.