Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Still a Little Bummed

So last week I noticed the wall between my night stand and the sliding glass door was a little wet. Then I saw a little bit of mold. I quickly started moving all the things I had put in that spot which included my baby book and baby photo albums. They were pretty much destroyed. I almost cried but I was too busy just trying to clean it all up. After laying my photo books and baby book out to dry a little bit I was able to save a few pictures at least. I was so glad that during the summer I had decided to scan in a bunch of pictures from them because pretty much only the top two pictures on each page were not affected by the mold/moisture. And with that on some pages I would have to decide which side of the page I wanted to save because the picture was stuck to the paper and the picture on the other side.
I'm so grateful for technology today and being able to scan in the pictures before hand as well as being able to have all my baby's pictures digitally saved to my computer.
I'm also glad I noticed it when I had because it could have gotten worse (I know it would never have been as bad as at the ranch because we're here but that was all I could think about) and even spread to all my electrical chords I have behind my night stand.
After going to the office to report it to them so they could check to see if it was our water heater that had caused the problem we learned it was our neighbor's water heater that had been leaking. I don't even want to think about the mold that they had growing over there!!
The affected area


A card from my dad I wanted to remember




My cute (now in the trash) baby book