Monday, August 6, 2012

6 August 2012

This last weekend we had my old roommate (from the dorms) Jessica and her husband Stephen over for games and dessert. It was a lot of fun being able to catch up, be a little social, and do something a little different from the routine.

We also went and saw the new Batman movie this weekend. It was pretty good, I still like the first one the best personally, but it was alright. I personally don't know why they chose to do Bane as the villain in the movie (seeing as he wasn't even around until the 90s and Batman's been around since 1939) and there are a lot more other original bad guys they still could've used (even ones that aren't main famous ones (ie Riddler) like Clayface or even Mad Hatter) but oh well. I also think that when they hint at Officer Blake being Robin they should've actually used the first name of a Robin character rather than saying Robin. But maybe that's all just because I like the older original Batman more than the 80s and on stuff (unless it's an Alex Ross creation like "Kingdom Come" or "Justice" but that's because he's a fan of the classics and an awesome artist).

As far as pregnancy goes, I'm ready to just have our little baby already. I feel like I'm as mentally/emotionally prepared as I'm going to get about all this and I just want to hold him already. I'm 34 weeks as of Saturday and I've already started planning on taking a lot of big walks as soon as I can as well as doing anything else I can do to induce labor once it's safe and fine for him to get here. As far as baby stuff goes for being prepared for the baby we've got almost everything... we still need bottles in case I can't nurse right away, a chair for in the baby's room so I have somewhere close to the crib to sit with him, baby towel (at least one more) and washcloths, diaper cream,  and a couple other things but other than that we're pretty much set. We've got some clothes (we didn't want to get a ton of newborn clothes not knowing how long he'll be in them but we've got a couple in all sizes and will go from there), blankets, binkies, diapers, wipes, the crib, changing table, a video baby monitor, burp cloths, Dave's old ipod loaded up with music and set up on the ipod player, etc. I have my last 2 weeks dr appointment next week and should start going every week after that (that's what he said at least). I've got lots of stretch marks (despite using lotion, but who knows I could have even more I guess without it). I don't get a lot of sleep usually. I feel him moving around all the time which is fun and see my belly move with him. He gets hiccups a lot. And I've decided I don't ever want to be this pregnant again in the summer time if I can help it, plus we don't need anymore sept big events in our family.
This is what my belly looks like from my point of view
What I look like to everyone else