Thursday, May 31, 2012

Glucose Test

So today I did my glucose test. I was going to do it yesterday but forgot it's a fasting blood draw and I ate breakfast (oops..). So last night I had to remember to stop eating/drinking by 9 (I was dying I was so hungry this morning). I woke up let Comet out for about a half hour while I did a quick shower and got all my modes of entertainment for the 2 hours I had to spend at the lab. I found the lab (much faster to find/closer than the other one I went to for my blood test I did a few weeks ago) and was glad that there was no other patients there so I wouldn't have to wait any longer than I needed to. The nurse was nice and chatty and she did my first blood draw where I filled two viles. Then I had to drink "The Drink" which is pretty nasty tasting like everyone said it would be but I chugged it down to get it done with, what I wasn't expecting was the smell of it! Then I went into the little lounge area and sat in what would be my chair for the next couple hours. I read a little bit of my book "Peter and the Shadow Thief", texted with Dave, and played games on my ipod. A few other people came in and did their little short blood tests and they left and it was finally time to do blood draw number two. Having just been poked not to long ago I feared and braced myself for the little sharp pain that was going to come... in the same arm as before! Luckily I only had to fill one vile this time. I drank a little water to rinse the nasty drink taste out of my mouth since it was lingering still, sat back in my chair and continued read/texting/gaming as a few more people came in to do their tests. By the time I had to do this last blood draw my right arm was so tender so I asked if she could do the other arm. I think my right arm sang with joy when she said that the left would be fine. She filled my last vile and off I went to go back home. I let Comet out who was glad to finally actually be out of his cage (he threw all his hay around in his cage for not getting out at around his normal time and having to wait two more hours... he's funny like that) and I grabbed some food! Over all it wasn't a horrible experience, but I'm glad that that's over with. Now I just need to wait and find out the results from my dr at my next appointment.
My little man is dancing inside my belly still from getting some food in him!