Friday, May 4, 2012

And We Found Out

Today Dave and I went in for the ultrasound that would tell us if our little baby was a girl or a boy (and if the baby was healthy). We were the first appointment of the day for the whole office and we were there bright and early!! We got there just as they were unlocking the doors to let us in. I got all checked in and sat next to Dave in the waiting room while we waited. After waiting for a short time (the perks of being the first appointment) we made our way to the ultrasound room. I got up on the chair and the lady squeezed the gel onto my belly and it was WARM (not what I was prepping for but I appreciated it very much). She then moved the little thing back and forth across my belly getting the baby's measurements and making sure the baby was healthy. She then was all done and asked us if we had any guess (as she was paused over the determining area) and since we had no idea what we were really looking at we said we had no idea. She then announced that we're having a BOY! I was shocked. Dave had been convinced it was a girl and Dr. Lambourne had thought it was a girl (based off of a quick ultrasound check out our last appointment and so I had started to believe that this little baby was a girl. But nope, he's a he. I'm so excited to finally know and start to actually imagine this little guy growing inside of me and growing up. When we got into the car Dave got all excited and told me all the things we were going to buy for our little man (including baby basketball shoes, a baby basketball, and a Kevin Durant jersey). All and all we're both so excited and can't wait for this little guy to come!