Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zaugg Trends

The Zaugg Family Portrait 2009

So I love looking for patterns in life, not sure why, but I do and there are two I've noticed in my husband's family which I find funny and sweet. The first one I noticed was that all the little granddaughters (so far) their first names all end with the EE sound. If we have a girl our little baby will be the first to break that little trend sadly but we LOVE our girl name.

The other one is fun because if it does come true in our little family I can guess the 2nd and 3rd baby's gender off of the first baby's. This trend is only applicable to the men Zaugg babies, but it goes back to at least my father-in-law's dad (Dave think's it might apply to that great great grandpa though too). It goes like this: 1st baby comes (it's either a boy or a girl) and then the next two babies after that first will be the opposite of whatever the first baby is. So my father-in-law is the oldest and he has two sisters, then (Dave's generation) it's Dave's oldest sister, Kerry, then two brothers and then him and Katherine. Both those brother's have three kids each as well and they followed that same rule with Lance having a boy first and then two girls and Greg having a girl first and then two boys. Now this may not be a fully true trend seeing as their is the chance of miscarriages, sadly, but it's still one I've noticed. I'm curious to see if this will apply to our little babies to come though!
(PS that last trend was how my family was too! Same with my mom's family)