Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finally

So today I finally found an OB/GYN in our new area! Before we moved here I remember calling one office, based off of the list of OB/GYNs our insurance gave me, only to find out that they were not an OB/GYN office at all! That totally took the wind out of my sails. After working up the courage to try another office I was relieved when I found out that my insurance wasn't giving me a faulty list. I told the front desk lady all my info and she said she'd have to email the doctors to see who would be accepting new patients with my due date and that it could take up to a week for her to get back to me.
Well I waited and the time had come to hear back from them but I never got a call so I called them again only to be transferred to a lady who was on her lunch and so I had to leave a message and wait for her to get back to me again. (That was yesterday by the way) So today since I still hadn't heard back from the lady who I had called around 3pm I decided to print up all the doctors on my list and then research them more to make sure they really were OB/GYNs after that I highlighted the doctors who were all at the same addresses to know that it was a big group of doctors so they'd have a higher chance of an opening for me and my little baby. I dialed the next number on my list and waited. The receptionist transferred me to another lady, who was also on her lunch, which left me feeling a little down but this was my first attempt with this group so I left a message. After waiting for a few hours I was surprised to have my cell phone ringing. I was relieved when I heard it was the lady I had called earlier that day wanting to get me scheduled in! FINALLY!
So I grabbed the first appointment I could without even talking to Dave because I didn't want to miss this chance again. Then she said that they'd even try to do the ultrasound at that first appointment too which was awesome because now Dave and I can wait with a date insight to find out what our little baby is. Luckily Dave's schedule is pretty flexible for these kinds of things and I'm so excited because this will be Dave's first prenatal appointment with me.
Baby Dave:



Baby Gabrielle:



Oh and I've felt the baby moving around this week! So exciting