Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pregnancy/Baby Movies

I've always enjoyed watching movies where pregnancy/babies was the basic theme of the movie with my mom. Growing up I will always remember my mom saying at the end of "Father of the Bride Part II" or "Junior" - "I want another baby" (or something along those lines). Then I remember one year when it all changed. It was after my first semester of college and I was home for spring break and we had finished one of those two movies and my mom said "I can't wait until you have a baby"... I had entered into the world where it was now a possibility (now my mom of course would've much preferred the married/settled down/then have a baby norm of course), but I knew I was grown up. Sadly she had to wait three more years since then to find out that, after marrying Dave and being married for about a year and a half, we were going to have a baby. Now I want to watch all these movies I watched growing up with my mom and think to myself "I'm going to have a baby". It's crazy how fast it all goes by but so exciting too. I can't believe I'm already in my fifth month of pregnancy and on Saturday I'll be half-way done.





And I don't know why the 80s/90s came out with so many movies about babies (I do love them though) but here's a cute one that came out more recently too (I guess there were other ones that came out more recently but not really any that are that family feel good kind of ones):
And I am excited for this one too (even though it's more the goofy film rather than the goofy/sentimental):

Although I do love this one but only the beginning really deals with pregnancy since the focus is more on Natalie's Portman's character and not her pregnancy and baby:

I'd put this movie in that category too even though she's pregnant through out the whole film it's more about her becoming her true potential as herself and she get's the baby as the final cap at the end:


And I die laughing during Debra Messing's delivery scene in this film: