Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ready for Next Weekend

So I've loved my job, most of the time, really I have but I'm ready for the 23rd. I mean I have learned so much from my job that I feel really excited and pretty prepared for my little baby come September. I mean the most babies we've had at once while I've worked there has been 7 (goes up to 8) and these are babies we see everyday up until they're ready to move up into the next class and I see them for 6 hours a day! (I worked 9 hours though everyday two weeks ago... I was dying!! Thank goodness I learned I was 11 weeks along by that week or I might have just curled up into a ball in the corner)  But we really get to know these little babies (I'm in the infant room so that room starts at 6 weeks (the youngest we've ever got though is 3 months) and goes to about a year) and their schedules and what they like and don't like and where they should be at and when they're starting to work towards a knew stage. So it's exciting to get to be a part of their lives during such an amazing and short bit of it and you really get to love them and such.
-Ok and it's way more than just babysitting where you feel like you change their diapers twice and cuddle and care for them until mom shows up 2 hours later and you don't ever really see them again... I hate when people are like "That's your job really? Why are you so tired or soar then?"-
But at the same time it's a lot of work and I have so much respect for parents of twins (or more), especially the ones who have twins first and are still willing to go again after that. When I'm all done with work (yes this is mainly during my pregnancy) I feel like crying, sleeping, scarfing down whatever looks good, and just living in my cave hoping that the next day never comes (or that the snow that's falling from the sky will actually stick to the ground and cause the school to close so I can either leave early or not go in at all). I feel like all I do is work right now. I get up as late as I can so I can try to stay awake while I rock other babies or just even sit on the floor next to babies for long periods of time, eat my breakfast (I need at least my three meals a day), hop in the car and go to work, get a half hour lunch break (where I go back to my parent's house which is 5 mins away from work so lunch is really a 8 min scarf down food as fast as you can fest), go back to work and just wish that all the babies get picked up early, clean the room, get home, eat, and then go in my bed where I really really want to go to sleep but I try to stay up for a little longer so I don't feel totally lame, fall asleep, wake up in the morning feeling like I just fell asleep and my day starts all over again. Let's just say I'm worn out.