Friday, February 17, 2012

Girl Weekend

So last weekend two of my college friends came up from Oregon to visit me! We had a lot of fun and it was great to see more people than my norm and helped with missing Dave. They arrived on Saturday and we went to Panera Bread for lunch and then to  the Southcenter Mall since it had a specific store they wanted to go to and we shopped in a few stores. After going there we headed back and went into Qdoba for a yummy dinner treat and then went and saw the movie "The Vow" which was pretty cute (not sure if it's a "I have to own this!" though... also why is it Rachel McAdam's character's in romantic movies all seem to have problems with remembering (ie "The Notebook")). Then we blew up the air mattress and each of us talked to our husbands on the phone then chatted and all fell asleep much earlier than any other "sleepover" I've ever attended... it was LOVELY!
The next day we drove out to Seattle! But before jumping onto the freeway we stopped at the humane society to look at dogs... there were a couple cute ones but no keepers. When we got to Seattle we went to some little restaurant on the water front for food, then to Pikes Place, and then my two fit friends decided we should walk to the Seattle Center (now not that it's a very far distance to walk but it was cold, up hill, and I'm not in shape unlike my two friends are... let's just say I was DYING to be subtle). We looked at a few things there and then needed to head back to the car, luckily it was all down hill so I didn't have to collapse without my inhaler (which is somewhere either a float or not in the Snake River). We raced back to my apartment, got everyone all packed up and then we went our separate ways. Over all it was a fun weekend and I hope they come out for a visit again!