Wednesday, September 21, 2011

19 September 2011

It's well past update time.... So last weekend Dave and I drove to Rexburg, ID to drop my little brother off at school for his 3rd semester there. We left at midnight, saturday morning, and began the mighty trek. Dave drove for the majority of the trip (I drove for maybe 3 hours) while Tommy and I slept for most of it. We arrived and went straight to Tommy's apartment to get him all checked in and take his stuff from the car into his new place. As soon as that was done we drove to St. Anthony where our hotel was and crashed into our bed. We took a little power nap and then I met up with Camille (which I'm so sad we didn't take any pictures together) and Dave met up with his friend Shawn. Camille and I went to a little local restaurant called Sammy's which was pretty good and then we went back to her cute little married housing apartment and watched "How I Met Your Mother".
-Oh side note, I started working at my job before the trip to Rexburg... but I can't mention where it is I work because it's in the little guide book not to tell people where I work, so if you know shhhh. But let's just say I love it there where I work.-
The next day was fishing... we drove out to our little location, hiked out to the river when Dave decided to walk across the river to go fishing on a little island. Well Dave is a lot taller than I am so crossing the river was easy for him (and his canadian thick skin, the water was FREEZING) but when I went out into the river I just happened to walk through the deep part and got stuck so Dave had to come back out and help me. Once on our little island we ate our lunch and began our fishing adventure which consisted of no catches. But we had fun doing something we like to do together which was great, until I remember I had to go back across the freezing water. I watched Dave a little better this time knowing not to go into the deep part and I was just about to make it onto land when I fell. Yes it's true. I fell in with my purse too. Which of course was a cavern and decided to be like a bucket and just hold all the water in so it pulled me down into the river yet again. I threw the purse onto dirt and Dave dumped everything out while I climbed up. Everything was drenched.... so we laid it all out under the back window to dry since it was a super hot day, drove over to our old boss Don's house and chatted with him and his wife until we went to visit with Shawn while we waited for Camille to get back. That night we chatted for a little bit with Camille and Brandon but were out like rocks before our heads even hit our pillows.
-oh and everything works fine except for my little camera, but the phone and ipod survived!!-
The next day we swam at Shawn's pool early in the morning, then we grabbed some food at this cute little dinner in Rexburg and then went over to campus to see the new building and sky bridge that weren't even open when we were there last. It was cool to see the changes but nice knowing we weren't going to school there. We then met up with Tommy and helped him run a few errands, got dinner, and picked up some cupcakes from "The Coco Bean" which is my all time favorite cupcake place (the use real creamy flavored frosting along with great flavored cupcakes). Then we headed back to the Giullian's, then Dave went over to Shawn's till late so I was already asleep by the time he got back.
We woke up and I was the designated driver for pretty much the majority of the drive which was fine with me. Although there was this one time while driving a little cub bear ran across the freeway and straight into a fence! He wasn't hit by any cars thankfully for both parties but that poor little guy, I wanted to help him out so bad but knew that probably wasn't a good idea. He was really cute though and was able to make it safely back across the other side of the freeway again.
Pretty much since our little trip I've worked a few times and Dave's been busy with his job. I've had two job interviews but so far nothing (as far as I know). I was also able to talk to my friend Kristen on skype which was great since I hadn't seen her since last year at school (she and Bobby got married the same day as Dave and I).
use chatting