Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Things We Hated and Then Loved

So I was thinking about this today while working on dinner (love the slow cooker!!). There are many things I can think of when I was a kid that I'd say I strongly disliked, but now I love them. Here are a few of mine --

  • Tacos, yes it's true. Pretty much anything considered a Mexican dish was out in my book when I was little, besides just plain cheese quesadillas (which I still love)
  • Broccoli
  • The Beatles (this is still true about some of there songs though.... "Yellow Submarine"
  • All sorts of foods ( I still consider myself a little bit of a picky eater, but boy was I worse back then)
  • Enya, I remember getting an Enya cd when we still lived in Irvine (so I was either 10 or younger) and I was not pleased. But now I can't get enough of her beautiful music.
I'm sure lots of people have been through this hate to love pattern in their lives. I just think it's funny how our opinion can change over the years. But there are also tons of things I loved back then that I still love... example being dressing up and being goofy --
Me and Camille with her Great Grandpa