Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh Sleep

Sometimes I struggle with falling asleep at night (like tonight). Sometimes I'm so tired while I'm reading in bed or playing on my laptop I can barely keep my eyes open, so I think to myself it's time for bed, but as soon as I put aside those things and close my eyes I end up lying in bed for an hour and I can't even fall asleep or get close to (tonight). Or my brain is too busy thinking about things, sometimes even stupid things (I struggled with this the most while taking my french class... all my thoughts were in french and i only know so many phrases before I have to repeat them all again in my head). Or I'll have a song stuck in my head, which will repeat a couple of times and then move on to another song which will repeat a few times and so on. Or I just can't find that comfy instant sleep position I need to get into. Or someone is snoring just a little too loud for me (very rare though don't worry), or it'll be the opposite and I need more sound (I enjoy falling asleep to music, where as Dave not so much). Or if I'm all by myself in the apartment I get all too nervous to fall asleep on my own and psych myself out. There's also the I really need to use the bathroom, but I'm too lazy to get out of bed one. The I'm super hungry right now tactic is a great way to keep me up too. I can be too hot or too cold or too anything... sometimes I just want to go to sleep and my body just doesn't agree with me... please help.