Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kangaroo Farm

So for today's fun back home Molly Novak called me up in the morning and invited me to go with her family and a few other people to a kangaroo farm. I said I would go of course. The drive out there involved listening to "Robin Hood", getting a little lost, and being late. We lucked out though because there was a little preschool group that had scheduled to come to the farm a little after the time we had got there so we were able to go on the tour and see all the animals.
While we were waiting we met our first animals -- birds. There was a peacock and a bunch of chickens running around the front which was fun but also a little scary for me because I'm a little scared of birds... 
Then we went on the tour and saw lemurs, a ton of kangaroos of different sizes (one was taller than me) that we got to pet, hug, and feed, donkeys, a pony, an ostrich and his pen mates - emus, and last but not least llamas.
Now while were with the kangaroos I couldn't resist getting close to them and when the guy asked if anyone would hug the animal I jumped right in. But then when we got to the llamas the guy wanted us to put the food between our lips and have the llamas get it from our mouths so it looked like you were kissing the llama. Molly, after laughing a bit, was willing to try it out and went for it. Then after a little pressure I went next!! Then Molly's sweet friend Brie went. After which Molly did it with another llama! 
I can now say I've kissed a llama and don't ever have to worry about doing it ever again. haha.
Thankfully, after all this llama kissing, we were able to actually hold a baby kangaroo. She was so tiny and cute! If only I could've snuck her into my purse and taken her home with me.
I "kissed" a llama!!
The Kangaroo Farm gang minus Molly

I'm holding a BABY kangaroo!! Too cute!

Hugging the kangaroo named Jack
the beautiful, but scary peacock

Molly was the first to kiss a llama and she did it twice!

Look at that too cute little baby pokin his head out of  his momma's pouch