Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Magical Movies

When I was little I LOVED movies that had to do with magic, fairies, princesses or other things of that nature. So of course Disney movies were often watched growing up, but Disney wasn't the only supplier of these sorts. But it wasn't just those movies that caught my eye, they had to be focused on a girl who learned a great lesson in the end of it, they must've lived in an era in which I hadn't, and that was the true magic. A movie that could take me away to somewhere I'd never been, something I'd never experienced, and I was able to grow along with the characters as they faced their challenges, saw miraculous things, and learned a little bit more about growing up. One movie I loved, but we never owned was "Fairy Tale"
I did own the book though and loved looking through and reading it and ever so often renting the movie from Blockbuster when I had the chance to. This movie was beautifully constructed and full of wonderment and I hope to own it one day.
Here are some other movies that are just as wonderful as they follow young girls finding beauty in their world: