Friday, November 26, 2010

My Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of all, it's the perfect start to the holiday spirit and gets you pumped for the Christmas season ahead of you. It's a wonderful day dedicated to remembering and feeling gratitude for all the blessings you've experienced throughout your life.
One thing I was grateful for this Thanksgiving, being my first as a married one, was that neither I nor my husband had to create the feast for our bellies. I did make two apple pies, but the rest of the meal was provided by my Arizona relatives and our fun Milne cousins from Logan, UT. It was nice to have family for this holiday even though my actual family wasn't there.
Dave and I cuddling at the cousins' house waiting for dessert time
During this thanksgiving weekend the cousins and I went on a hike which was short but nice. It was nice to get out of the house and Dave enjoyed his alone time in the apartment.
The hiking group
Dave and I also got things ready for Christmas around the house which was very exciting. It's so fun to start our own traditions and blend the ones we grew up with. I'm so excited to celebrate this holiday with just my husband in our little apartment and to enjoy these times together with just him and I until the little ones start to come in.
Decorating the beautiful fake tree