Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Honeymoon

For the first day we went to Disneyland and California Adventure. We spent most of the day in Disneyland with many of the Labor Day attendees. We went on the Matterhorn, Pinocchio, Snow White, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, California Screamin (where I cried on the ride.... I don't like real roller coasters.... just Disney small ones), and many more.
Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess -
We got drenched -
....see -
Dave with Woody at the Lego store -
Day two at Disneyland was shorter but just as much fun. We visited with Mickey Mouse at his house, I ran into my old roommate Rachel who works at Disneyland/California Adventure, we went on California Screamin a second time for Dave, had our silhouettes done by this nice old lady at Disneyland, and had charactuers drawn of us.
I didn't cry riding it the second time -



Our third full day of California was spent at Universal Studios where Dave had never gone before... the park is fun, but very small with not very many things to do, about three actual rides, a tram ride, and lots of shops. It was fun to go to even though I got scared enough that I thought I might die --- and I quote from my FB "I almost died today... Scary man at universal jumped out and my soul barely clinged on to my body"... this picture is of that scary man -
They have a section of the tram tour devoted to Universal famous cars -
For our last full day in California we went to Sea World. I haven't been to Sea World in years and it was Dave's first time ever there as well. We LOVED it. When we first walked into the park we saw a big group of people going somewhere in the park so we decided to follow and good thing we did because it was the Shamu show that we ended up following them all to.


The Shamu show was way cool and it was amazing watching those mighty beasts perform such cool tricks as their trainers guided them. Next stop on our Sea World adventure was to see the polar bears for Dave.... sadly they were all sleeping, but all the beluga whales were awake for me.
Dave as a sleeping polar bear -
This is no pose, I literally walked over to the glass and was in awe, just like a little kid-
Dave had his own "It's so fluffy" moment -


We visited many other delightful animals at the park. Over all this was Dave's favorite place we went to out of our honeymoon sites and it is probably second for me, but still one of my all time favorite places.

We both had a lot of fun on the honeymoon and enjoyed it very much, but like all things in life it had to come to and end and we made it back to the very hot state of Arizona to our little apartment and had to begin with life.