Monday, September 20, 2010

Disney Corner In My Memories

Lately I've been on a kick buying and watching old Disney movies, but even more so I've been watching non-animated Disney movies my mom recorded forever ago such as the Hayley Mills version of "The Parent Trap", "The Three Lives of Thomasina", "The North Avenue Irregulars", "Marry Poppins", "Million Dollar Duck", and "Pete's Dragon". These movies are all so cute and so much fun. Who doesn't love these old Disney movies? Disney's original little stars are darling!

The North Avenue Irregulars: Is such a funny movie for sure. I love Cloris Leachman in this film.


Freaky Friday: this movie is funny and cute even though I do prefer the Lindsay Lohan/Jamie Leigh Curtis version. My favorite scene in the movie is the one when she's trying to do the laundry.

The Apple Dumpling Gang: is hilarious! The little girl in it is darling with her constant famous line, "Mr. I gotta go" and who doesn't love a good old movie with Don Knotts too.


The Monkey's Uncle: is classic! It's got fun Beach Boys sounding music and the goofy story line.


Swiss Family Robinson: is a great adventure movie for sure! This movie has always wanted me to go off and live off the land as they do and fight off fun pirates.


Old Yeller: So long as I don't watch the end of this movie it's a lovely film about a bond between man and dog

Darby O'Gill and the Little People: is a delightful movie! I love watching it and get a good old smile every time I do.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea a true adventure story!

Pete's Dragon is not my favorite of these films for sure. Having just watched it again it was one of those ones that was definitely better as a kid.

$1,000,000 Duck: is a goofy movie for sure. The wife in it is so funny with her absent minded, innocence, and lack of smarts are what really make the movie.

The Ugly Dachsund: is a great movie! Great story line, good chemistry and laughter filled.

Blackbeard's Ghost is probably my favorite of these films. It's so funny and Dean Jones is just as good looking in this as he is in all his other films.

That Darn Cat: is silly 100% of the way through

Bedknobs and Broomsticks: is my favorite non-animated/animated film. Angela Landsberry does a wonderful job and makes me want to go on an adventure with her and her gang.

Polyanna: is a cute movie, but not a top movie for me. Hayley Mills does a superb job in it no matter what though.

The Gnome-Mobile: is such a funny movie! My favorite part is the asylum jail break scene.

The Parent Trap: this is probably my favorite version because I grew up watching it even though the newer Lindsay Lohan version probably is better. Hayley Mills is cute even with her boyish haircut. Maureen O'Hara is PERFECT though!

Mary Poppins: is delightful! Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke are superb in this movie and the mix with animation is fun for sure.


The Three Lives of Thomasina: wasn't my favorite as a kid, but I did enjoy it better watching it again. I love the Dr and the "witch".