Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Christmas Side of Things

I do realize Christmas was a few days ago but I'm still enjoying the lovely season. This year Christmas was wonderful! I love being able to celebrate with my family and to spend time with them. We all have fun playing with our new toys we got for christmas together afterwards too which is nice... now the word toy can mean more than what it did as a child (ie: xbox, ukulele, games, dvds, etc). One thing I really love about this time of year is all the movies I watch with my mom. Our favorite Christmas movies include:
  • Christmas in Connecticut
  • White Christmas
  • Miracle on 34th Street (the Maureen O'Hara one)
  • Santa Clause is Coming to Town
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated one)
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  • Holiday Inn
  • The Holiday
  • The Lifetime Christmas Movies
  • I own an cleaned up version of Love Actually
and so on.... I'm sure many of you enjoy these same movies and more. I also really love the music this time of year. Our family has these three christmas cds we've been listening to my entire life which I adore, Nat King Cole The Christmas Song, Amy Grant Home For Christmas, and Johnny Mathis Merry Christmas. There are of course many other wonderful Christmas cds out there but these three are my favorites.
--- Gabrielle Jean Murphy