Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1 December 2009

Here's a my life update for you. I'm applying to do a study abroad in Dublin, Ireland where I'll spend the first half of fall touring the beautiful country and the second half studying in Dublin! We'll see if I get in because it'd be a dream come true. One day I hope to actually live in Ireland for a year or two and just enjoy the culture and the true irish spirit.
I've been watching a love of Fraisier reruns on tv with my mom late at night and we LOVE it. Martin, Daphne and Niles truly keep the show entertaining and worth watching. While the title character is funny and a well developed character already famed from the tv show Cheers I must say he's not my favorite character in the show.
I've also been on a major Grace Kelly thing... which I know shouldn't be a big shocker since i ADORE Princess Grace. I recently watch "Dial M for Murder", "The Swan", "Rear Window", "To Catch a Thief" and the wedding ceremony of Grace Kelly to Prince Rainier of Monaco. The wedding was truly magical... if people thought Princess Di's wedding was spectacular and a dream they are sorely missing out because Princess Grace's wedding is remarkable and enchanting! Her dress is very modest and stunning and all the celebrations that go on before and after are well organized and performed. Rainier and Grace are darling together too... they were truly in love... they are a true fairy-tale dream come true.


I guess you could say I've been doing an Alfred Hitchcock movie thing too with some of those movies and having just watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much" , the first one he filmed not the Doris Day/Jimmy Stewart one, too.

I've also watched a whole bunch of movies at the theater too. "Blind Side" is a very touching movie and I enjoyed it thoroughly. "The Box" I thought was pretty good but it's kinda out there, "2010" was ok but very intense all the time with it's own John Cusack cheesiness added in there. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head... Oh wait I saw "New Moon" and loved it. Personally that's the one book I can't enjoy at all until the very end with the Vulturi and that part in the movie was impressive. I LOVE everyone that they cast for this new movie.

Our family picked out a Christmas tree yesterday too... So excited that Christmas time is here.

--Gabrielle Jean Murphy