Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day - With my hands I give you my heart, and crown it with my love

I'd just like to list out my favorites that involve Ireland in any way, shape, or form...
Music-- Bryan McFadden, U2, The Corrs, Celtic Woman, High Kings, The Irish Rovers, The Clancy Brothers, Van Morrison, Danu, The Pogues, Flogging Molly, Natalie McMaster, Liz Carrol, Dubliners, Meav, Three Irish Tenors, Celtic Spirit, Gealic Storm...
Movies-- The Quiet Man, Waking Ned Devine, Widows' Peak, The Secret of Roan Inish, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Tara Road
Books-- Fairy & Folk Tales of Ireland, Irish Poem, Brida, Grace O'Malley: The Pirate Queen, My Ireland, Oscar Wilde... I hope to read Samuel Beckett books one day
I LOVE my Irish heritage so much and I'm very proud of it. I have a claddagh necklace I wear pretty much every day that my Dad gave me. I hope to live in Ireland for atleast a year in my young life. I research it often and talk about it a lot.
Incase some of you didn't know St Patty's Day deals with the patron of Cathalicism in Ireland so that's the reason we wear green... it's the color that represented the Catholics while if you wear orange it represents the Protestants... Plus if it were a true Irish holiday without every being affected by the Catholics or the Protestants then it would be spelled differently (Padraig), but the old Irish didn't have Saints anyways... Well that's my little dedication... Happy Patty's Day
--Gabrielle Jean